Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Describing my Job

Over the weekend I had a chance to attend an IB Librarians Continuum workshop at which I met some fab new people with great ideas and to discuss some of the challenges and successes with have with our jobs. I rarely attend these workshops with expectations, and I never come away disappointed with the learning, networking and recharging they offer.

One of the points Gary Green, one of our workshop leaders, made is that we need to make our job descriptions more specific and illustrative of what we actually do. We need to write the descriptors ourselves according to our vision, practicalities and what we would like to do and be. So I had a go over the past few days and tweeked what I had as a JD using Joyce Valenza's Manifesto as a guide.

You can see the newly created job description below on scribd
MYP TL JD draft

... I would also be interested to hear what you think - have I missed anything that should be in there?

Candy Adams had a column on Exhibitor Online http://bit.ly/bkHTIg which has a great quote
"My dad had a favorite saying: “If you don’t toot your own horn, there isn’t anyone else who’s going to toot it for you.” So get your tooter ready and start upgrading your job description."

1 comment:

Librarian said...

Thank Dianne - this is great