Monday, June 27, 2011

Quotes into Graphics

Over the past weeks I have come across some fabulous quotes about Librarians which, when I read I had a vision of what they would look like - and recreated the visuals, changing them a bit by placing Teacher Librarians into the mix so I can use them as advocacy posters in our school.

The first quote is

"In the nonstop tsunami of global information, librarians provide us with floaties and teach us how to swim."
Linton Weeks(Washington Post article, 13 January 2001, p. C01)

The visualisation;


Second Quote:

I guard your right to privacy
I protect your freedom to read
I support intellectual freedom
I am a librarian

- Cafe Press 2011



Please use as you feel the need.
They can also be accessed through flickr

5 comments:

Eliterate Librarian said...

Love these! Thanks for sharing.

Miss McKenzie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Argumentative essay said...

They are many sites to know more words but your site is amazing.. Great job you have done..

Cynthia Karabush said...

Thanks so much for sharing, Dianne. We found your "Information Tsunami" graphic all over the webs, but it took some real sleuthing to find you, and your cited quote! I love it, and I'm putting it all over my library this month...

Dianne McKenzie said...

Thanks Cynthia, I created it before I placed my name on creations as common practise. The format from Big Huge labs also was not conducive to place too much text on the graphic. Maybe I will redo it with the proper citations soon.