Friday, July 1, 2011

Annual Report 2010-11



Image from Paul Grzegorzek's Thriller and Crime Fiction World

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet that will be the beginning." Louis L'Amour

The DC Annual Report is finished for this year, but the work has just begun!

Although they take a huge amount of time to collate getting all the right statistics and information, I learn so much from them in finding out if we met our goals we set at the beginning of the year, what our strengths are and where we can improve. It is also a great way to be accountable for what we do and how we do it. For more reasons to do an annual report check out a couple of previous posts on this very subject.
2009 - 10 Annual report
Importance of creating an annual report

This year I felt we were not able to fully reach our potential in services and support due to a number of uncontrollable events that happened during the year that sent us spending energy and time in crisis control rather than being proactive in supporting the students and staff of our school. Hopefully these major crisis have been averted and avoided for next year and we can get on with doing our job. However, we still managed to implement some great initiatives and do some great work, so the annual report has given us back some confidence that we still did OK!

So - here is the link to our annual report mounted on Issuu for your reading pleasure. I have set it so it can be downloaded for offline reading in pdf format. I also have placed it on Library Grits wiki for those whose internet connection is not too quick. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Issuu format DC Annual Report

You can also download it here Library Grits wiki

1 comment:

TIS Book Lovers said...

Thank you so much for all that you share, Dianne. I learn so much every time I read your blog or explore your wiki. I can't imagine how you find time to write and share as much as you do. I'll be writing my first report this year and your practical advice in your article The Annual Report: your ticket to greater advocacy has given me confidence that I can do a decent job. I had no idea how to figure out how many people come through the library each day/week, but I'll start stickering them all next week and find out. What a great, simple method I'd never have come up with. Thank you, thank you.

Susan in Uzbekistan