Saturday, March 7, 2015

Small conferences, big learning.



The International School of Macau is hosting the 2015  Hands on Tech Conference which will be held on April 18. There will be a number of speakers and workshops which cover a wide range of topics all to do with using digital tools to enhance learning.

I am a little excited as I have been invited by Louise Phinney and her team to be one of the keynote speakers at the conference along with Kerri-Lee Beasley and  Kelly Grogan. This excitement stems from my following of these educators for a while and have benefitted from their insights and expertise on many occassions so it will be nice to work alongside them on this day of learning.

I am also excited on another level - did you notice anything about these presenters? I think it must be the first digital conference where all the keynote presenters are women and this has got to be a good thing.

I am also excited as smaller conferences lead to bigger learning. These smaller school based conferences allow for bigger conversations, more aha moments and more personal connections as participants are not lost in the masses and feel more at ease with asking questions of each other, approaching the presenters and having conversations over lunch with new friends.

These smaller conferences also allow people to take a chance at presenting without too much risk and to build confidence in sharing their expertise. For me it will be my first 'keynote' after many years of hands on workshops, so this will be a new challenge for me. I am reflecting on the keynotes that have stood out for me and have identified 5 key elements which make them memorable. These elements are personal insights which are thought provoking, practical, engaging and entertaining. So that is what I am working on...

If you are close by to Macau and have a free Saturday on the 18 April, register and come along for some big learning. Hands on Tech Conference Macau Int'l School.


2 comments:

thestylinglibrarian.com said...

Thanks for the reminder. Just registered. :)

Bashirul Islam said...

Great post. This post is very helpful for every people.Thanks. facebook signin